- Fujifilm SCALE EYE measures colonic lesions
Endoscopic imaging platform receives 510(k) clearance and moves towards market.
- Luminar hopeful of Volvo boost by mid-2024
Automotive lidar firm expects delayed launch of EX90 car to serve as 'major inflexion point'.
- Tower Semiconductor ready to ramp Scintil's laser-integrated PICs
Grenoble firm says 'pivotal' milestone reinforces its supply chain amid growing demand driven by AI and 5G requirements.
- Terahertz biosensor spots early signs of skin cancer
Queen Mary device using THz metasurfaces distinguishes healthy from cancerous tissue.
- Aktiia lands $30M to scale optical blood pressure wristband monitors
Swiss firm secures backing from group including Redalpine and Khosla Ventures.
- UK funds 'future telecommunications' challenge projects
PureLiFi, Fraunhofer, Alter, and Vector Photonics among those sharing in £22 million research effort.
- Metalenz joins forces with Samsung to scale polarization ID sensor
The US metamaterials startup and Korean industrial giant confirm collaboration at Barcelona's Mobile World Congress event.
- IonQ claims quantum interconnect advance
Quantum computing firm says it has generated photons entangled with ions repeatedly and reproducibly.
- Universal Display hopeful of 2024 rebound
OLED materials pioneer saw sales drop in 2023, but is confident of growing adoption in foldable phones, TVs, and cars.
- nLight tempers 2024 growth expectations
High-power fiber and diode laser firm has won more than $200 million in recent defense-related business.
- Helmholz Center Berlin builds multiparameter optical test instrument
‘CLIMAT’ system measures up to 14 different variables – for materials and solar cell applications.
- WashU develops portable OCT based on photonic integrated circuits
Grant of $20 million will support research into platform for eye screening at lower cost.
- DustPhotonics to ramp 800G silicon photonics chip
Latest $24 million investment by venture backers will support scaling of 'Carmel' products.
- ‘Chuck’ Mattera to retire as CEO of Coherent
Board commences executive search; company reaffirms fiscal 2024 guidance.
- Precision Optics picks out target applications in defense sector
US firm sees fast-growing opportunities emerging in drones, laser weapons, and satellite communications.
- UPenn develops optical chip to process complex math for AI
Offers potential to accelerate processing speed, while cutting energy need.
- Chalmers and Nokia Bell Labs refine prediction of network failures…
…and NTT Innovative Devices “breaks data speed record” on optical links.
- Trinity College Dublin lights up cellular activity
Fluorescence lifetime imaging with new dye visualises multiple biological environments.
- UK’s Cornerstone announces mission to transform silicon photonics
ORC and Bristol to lead new Innovation and Knowledge Centers to take tech from labs to “everyday life”.
- Organic solar cells ‘redefined’ with hemispherical shell design
Researchers in Turkey say novel shape improves energy efficiency and angular coverage.