- Hyundai Mobis and Velodyne join forces for autonomous driving
Korean car parts giant also invests $50M in the Silicon Valley lidar firm.
- Laser-based bioprinting allows clearer view of cell dynamics
TU Wien two-photon polymerization platform embeds cells into bioinks.
- Large-scale quantum processor based on laser light
International research partnership says its prototype opens "new avenue to quantum computing".
- Surface-enhanced Raman technique improves atmospheric monitoring
Nanyang Technological University platform offers long-distance analysis of the environment.
- Photonics tech dominates UK physics awards night
Spin-outs from Imperial College, London, and the University of Oxford among winners at Institute of Physics event.
- University of Arizona venture fund backs local laser startups
Investments in three new companies covers the spectrum from deep-UV to far-infrared sources.
- Lidar system partnership intends to end toll road delays
Cepton Technologies and MechaSpin collaborate to deliver laser-based traffic monitoring and billing system.
- Japan’s NICT demonstrates 1 petabit/s optical switching
Spatial division multiplexing approach promises technology to enable petabit-class backbone networks.
- Unexploded bomb safely defused by laser method
German research project DEFLAG reports successful field trial of 2kW laser decommissioning process.
- UK politician demands photonics sector recruits more women
Laser physics graduate Carol Monaghan MP praises industry at Photonex but tells it to take more positive recruitment action.
- NASA backs ColdQuanta to shrink quantum apparatus
$1M award intended to accelerate commercial deployment of laser-cooled atomic systems.
- ASML reports surge in EUV bookings
Record-breaking quarterly orders for lithography giant, as customers book 23 extreme ultraviolet tools.
- Applied Technology launches anti-drone laser weapon at military expo…
…while NKT Photonics delivers lasers for 20 kW Rheinmetall anti-drone defense project.
- Zeiss and Senorics establish photonics partnership
Focus of investment by Zeiss is on the joint development of specialized sensor technology.
- Spectroscopic blood test tipped for brain tumor triage
University of Strathclyde spin-out looking to launch commercial blood serum technique from 2022.
- BAE Systems launches robotic, driverless military vehicle at US Army expo
Optics, electronics and software on robust chassis are foundation for "game-changing" battlefield capability, says defense giant.
- Mauna Kea endomicroscopy assists diagnosis of pancreatic lesions
Latest clinical studies support benefits of Cellvizio but company profits remain elusive.
- Fraunhofer CAP laser scientists illuminate the future of farming
UK start-up Grobotic Systems using F-CAP knowhow to develop LED-driven plant growth chambers.
- Chromacity and Scientifica join forces on laser microscopy
Companies sign partnership to provide ultrafast laser sources for multiphoton imaging applications
- European VR and AR market growth to 'outpace' North America by 2023
Market analyst Digi-Capital to make global trends predictions at European AWE "XR" conference in Germany, next week.