- ASML: volume productivity with EUV in 2016
Lithography firm expects to recognize revenue for sale of eight EUV systems this year.
- Environmental regulations 'jeopardize' European photonics
REACH and RoHS directives could endanger availability of raw materials for optics, hears conference.
- ‘Combs of light’ accelerate communications
Researchers exploit optical frequency comb sources on silicon chip for terabit data transmission.
- Shiny quantum dots brighten future of solar cells
Photovoltaic solar-panel windows coming to a home near you?
- Raman technique extends to single virus detection
Tip-enhanced version of the spectroscopic technique used to identify herpes-causing virus.
- Hyperspectral method shows cell imaging utility
High-throughput, label-free technique developed in Australia can distinguish all manner of cells and aid medical treatment.
- Nanoparticles offer route to smarter endoscopy
While regulatory issues remain a challenge, nanoparticles could dramatically increase the effectiveness of the screening technique.
- Lumenis expands portfolio after IPO
New products and a listing on the Nasdaq indicate company's faith in future sales growth.
- SPONSORED: The leadless chip carrier and milestones of low-cost thermal detector packaging
DRS Technologies on the technology that has helped cut the cost of thermal sensors by 40 per cent.
- New biophotonics event set for Boston
September’s conference to focus on commercialization of photonics-based biomedical technologies.
- Funding boost for Gooch and Housego
Photonics firm lands £0.8M in latest round of the UK government's Regional Growth Fund.
- Laser additive manufacturing: separating fact from fiction
UK industry gathering organized by AILU considers challenges and growth strategies for AM/3D printing sector.
- US Navy's laser weapon ‘ready for summer deployment’
Improved version of Laser Weapon System soon to be installed on USS Ponce for at-sea testing.
- Philips Lighting signed up as International Year of Light sponsor
Industrial giant becomes first patron sponsor for the year-long celebration of light science and applications.
- Key investor sells €60 m stake in Jenoptik
Ergo Versicherungsgruppe, longstanding major shareholder of Jenoptik, cashes in 8.5% stake for €60 million.
- Partners demo 400G optical network in Canada
ORION and Alcatel-Lucent claim “first North American 400G network” for research-dedicated link.
- James Webb's near-IR spectrometer slotted into place
Fourth and final instrument at the heart of the space telescope installed at NASA Goddard.
- Truesense Imaging set for $92M transition to ON Semiconductor
Acquisition of former Kodak digital imaging division gives chip maker access to high-performance market.
- UV laser adds efficiency to San Francisco's new BART trains
Bombardier buys high-speed ultraviolet system from UK-based Spectrum Technologies to code electrical wires in huge manufacturing project.
- European turnaround pushes laser systems market to new high
Global market for industrial laser systems worth $10.7BN in 2013, says Optech’s Arnold Mayer.