- IMAX to start laser projector roll-out
After watching the forthcoming , CEO hails technological development as ‘truly spectacular’.
- Aquitaine start-up to make fiber lasers
Technology transfer deal with ALPhANOV center will allow MuQuans to make 780nm sources for its own atom-cooling instruments.
- Soitec signs 150MW concentrated PV deal
France-based developer expecting to deploy more than 80,000 concentrated solar modules in California.
- Osram develops brighter LED for car headlights
Output of 1400 lm and 200 Mcd/m 2 achieved in the laboratory.
- GT Advanced re-focuses on equipment
Deal with Apple sees company exit sapphire manufacturing and return to selling crystal-growing kit.
- Diverse investors gear up for photonics sector growth
IIP 2014 conference reports industry cash replacing VC investment in photonics; new business ideas rewarded.
- Proposals meeting scheduled for US photonics 'hub'
November proposers' meeting in Arlington and NPI webinar to disseminate latest information.
- Fraunhofer showcases new camera systems
New banknote checker and remote, high-resolution,"eye-like" camera will be visible at Vision.
- Cree slips again on weak guidance
Stock price slides further as the LED lighting firm's outlook disappoints Wall Street.
- German R&D body launches optical networking unit
Among nine new key research projects winning total of €16m funding.
- Natcore claims low-temperature solar advance
Laser processing step means that cells can be produced without need for expensive high-temperature furnace.
- Philips: LEDs now account for 40% of sales
But €366 million penalty relating to pulse oximetry lawsuit forces industrial giant to record a paper loss in latest financial quarter.
- Vuzix sees big markets for improved smart glasses
Waveguide technology allows near-eye displays to be more versatile and wearer-friendly.
- Investment hopefuls give IIP forum their best shot
Start-ups aim for the top with elevator pitches at Invest In Photonics event.
- Optoacoustics pioneers recognized in latest awards
Researchers Lihong Wang and Alexander Oraevsky win Britton Chance and Berthold Leibinger prizes respectively.
- pureLiFi creates first optical atto-cell network
LED bulb-based comms systems Li-Flame to revolutionize 5G and Internet of Things, says developer.
- Earnings up sharply as Trumpf looks global
Acquisitions in Turkey and India as EBIT jumps 61% and laser sales climb by 11% at the machine tool giant.
- Next-generation optical fiber available to purchase from ORC
To mark 25th anniversary, Southampton offering its experimental fibers with special properties to interested parties.
- Jenoptik wins €4 million medical laser deal
To produce diode-based ophthalmology sources over two years for existing German customer.
- Optical memory, autism test and scattering detector win Edmund awards
Component vendor hands out $85,000 worth of products to nine different projects.