- Holographic headset startup lands $7M
Vestel Ventures and Intel Capital back Turkish university spinout CY Vision's AR/VR technology.
- LEAPS project will make step-change in European photonics
Network of accelerators, laser sources and ‘super-microscopes’ to change the face of science R&D, say partners.
- Newsight and LeiShen partner to deliver V-LiDAR to automotive sector
Based on LeiShen Intelligent’s 3D LiDAR and Newsight Imaging’s CMOS image sensor; to be available in the first half of 2018.
- AR glasses help surgeons operate on tumors
NIR cameras capture fluorescence and produce a 3D reconstruction of the affected lymph node – without requiring radio-isotopes.
- Trumpf makes additive play with triple-laser fusion system for metals
German laser giant eyes additional €500 M revenue stream in 5-7 years' time.
- Modified optogenetic process controls single neurons
Focused laser beam on individual cells could map key brain activities that drive behavior.
- UNESCO ratifies International Day of Light
May 16th proclaimed as recurrent annual celebration of light and light-based technologies.
- SPIE Optical Systems Design to collocate with Optatec in 2018
Deadline approaching for presentation proposals for leading European event for optical instrumentation, in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Airy LSM sees nerves firing in mouse brain tissue
Light-sheet microscopy platform from M Squared promises 3D imaging of neurological behavior.
- Sales and orders on the up at SLM Solutions
Provider of laser additive manufacturing equipment bounces back from difficult trading period.
- China 'leads' fiber-optic sensing deployments
Survey and interactive map from Fiber Optic Sensing Association suggests US is lagging behind both China and Germany.
- Buoyant Jenoptik reports 'strong momentum'
Optics and life science segment sales up 16% so far this year as demand from semiconductor market remains solid.
- Fifth mirror cast for Giant Magellan Telescope
8.4 m-diameter segment made from 17.5 tonnes of Ohara glass should be ready in 2023.
- 3D Systems selected for BMW’s AM processes
3-year contract includes 3D System's On Demand Manufacturing solutions to enable BMW to accelerate product development.
- Optical biomolecule sorting boost for personal therapy
Fraunhofer ILT develops AnaLighter that uses light to characterize indicators in blood for early disease diagnoses.
- Luminate finalists win $100k backing
Ten photonics spin-outs selected to take part in startup accelerator program.
- Coherent boosted by bookings milestone
Laser giant says it logged more than $2BN in orders during the fiscal year just completed.
- Oclaro reports improved Q1 2018 results but shares slide
Uncertainty in key Chinese and data center markets spoil firm's generally positive recent sales performance.
- Continental and Osram jv to make intelligent lighting for automotive
Partners announce 50:50 deal to market innovative lighting, electronics, software to manufacture new products
- Raylase boosts additive manufacturing with four units in parallel
Latest AM innovations including deflectors and controllers to be launched at Formnext expo in Frankfurt, next week.