NASA Ames Research Center – News and Features
- Next Stop: The Stratosphere via Virtual Tour
A new virtual tour brings users aboard NASA’s flying observatory SOFIA, the Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy.
- What Stars Will Hatch From The Tarantula Nebula? NASA’s Flying Observatory Seeks to Find Out
Astronomers observed massive star formation regions in the Milky Way’s largest satellite galaxy.
- Investigation to Combat Muscular Atrophy with Implantable Device
Investigation to Combat Muscular Atrophy with Implantable Device
- Multi-planet System Found Through Crowdsourcing
A system of at least five exoplanets has been discovered by citizen scientists through a project called Exoplanet Explorers.
- GeoCarb: A New View of Carbon Over the Americas
A new NASA Earth satellite mission may transform our understanding of the global carbon cycle by mapping key carbon gases from a new vantage point: geostationary orbit.
- NASA Seeks Small Business Innovation Research for Future Missions
NASA Seeks Small Business Innovation Research for Future Missions
- New SOFIA Observations Help Unravel Mysteries of the Birth of Colossal Suns
Scientists are using SOFIA to survey young stars more than ten-times the mass of the Sun in an ongoing study to understand how massive stars form in our galaxy.
- Astronomy from the Stratosphere: Results from NASA’s SOFIA Airborne Telescope
Astronomers from NASA’s Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, SOFIA, at the 231st meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Washington, D.C., discussed new scientific results describ …
- NASA Ames at the 2018 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Forum
NASA Ames at the 2018 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Forum
- NASA's Flying Observatory SOFIA to Explore Magnetic Universe and Beyond
NASA’s flying observatory SOFIA, is preparing for its 2018 observing campaign, which will include observations of celestial magnetic fields, star-forming regions, comets, Saturn’s giant moon Titan and …