NASA Solar System Exploration News
- NASA Planet Hunter on Its Way to Orbit
NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has launched on the first-of-its-kind mission to find worlds beyond our solar system, including some that could support life.
- NASA Ready to Study Heart of Mars
NASA is about to go on a journey to study the interior of Mars. The space agency held a news conference today at its Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California, detailing the next mission …
- NASA Prepares to Launch Next Mission to Search Sky for New Worlds
NASA's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) is undergoing final preparations in Florida for its April 16 launch to find undiscovered worlds around nearby stars, providing targets where fu …
- NASA Invites Media to View Launch of InSight Mars Lander from West Coast
Media accreditation is open for the launch of NASA's next mission to Mars – the Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport spacecraft (InSight) from Vandenberg …
- NASA Invites Media to Discuss First Mission to Study Mars Interior, First Interplanetary Launch from West Coast
NASA's next mission to the Red Planet will be the topic of a media briefing at 5 p.m. EDT (2 p.m. PDT) Thursday, March 29, at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California. …
- NASA to Discuss Upcoming Launch of Next Planet Hunter
Join NASA at 1 p.m. EDT Wednesday, March 28, as astrophysics experts discuss the upcoming launch of NASA's next planet hunter, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS).
- NASA Scientist to Discuss 'Finding Our Origins with the Hubble and Webb Telescopes' at Library of Congress Lecture
The public is invited to a free talk called "Finding Our Origins with the Hubble and James Webb Space Telescopes," with Dr. Jonathan Gardner in the Pickford Theater, third floor, Madison Bui …
- Exploring the Dangers of Space Radiation at NASA Langley
What they are and how they can be protected against will be discussed Tuesday, Feb. 6 at NASA's Langley Research Center and again at the Virginia Air and Space Center.
- NASA Invests in Concept Development for Missions to Comet, Saturn Moon Titan
NASA has selected two finalist concepts for a robotic mission planned to launch in the mid-2020s: a comet sample return mission and a drone-like rotorcraft that would explore potential landing sites o …
- NASA to Name Finalists for Future Solar System Mission
NASA will announce finalist concepts for a future robotic mission to explore the solar system during a media teleconference at 2 p.m. EST Wednesday, Dec. 20.