NASA Glenn Research Center Latest Features
- Kilopower: What’s Next?
Kilopower: What’s Next?
- NASA Glenn Volunteers Assist FEMA in Disaster Response
NASA Glenn employees joined FEMA to provide relief efforts to natural disaster survivors.
- X-57 Battery System Survives Flight-Condition, Thermal Runaway Testing
Successful Testing of All-Electric X-57’s Battery System Marks ‘Extremely Critical’ Milestone
- NASA Explores Artificial Intelligence for Space Communications
As collection of space data increases, NASA looks to cognitive radio, the infusion of artificial intelligence into space communications networks, to meet demand and increase efficiency.
- Powering Up NASA’s Human Reach for the Red Planet
Powering Up NASA’s Human Reach for the Red Planet
- Aviation Renaissance: NASA Advances Concepts for Next-gen Aircraft
An aviation renaissance, one focused on energy efficiency and economic impact, is on the horizon, and it’s changing how NASA engineers are looking at aircraft power and design.
- Practice Makes Perfect
NASA Glenn will send kilopower experiment to national nuclear research site.
- NASA Challenges Students to Design Microgravity Experiments
Do you have what it takes to think like a scientist? Well, put on your lab coats and thinking caps, because NASA is challenging U.S. high school students to participate in research related to the Inte …
- Researchers Develop New Tool to Evaluate Icephobic Materials
When ice builds up on aircraft bodies or engines, it can create a serious situation in flight. The shape of the wing can change, affecting the aerodynamics of the aircraft, and engine icing can result …
- Metal with Memory: Shaping the Future of Aviation
NASA Glenn is investigating the feasibility of using a revolutionary material called shape memory alloy to bend sections of an aircraft’s wings in-flight, potentially increasing performance and effici …