NASA Aeronautics News
- NASA to Hold Teleconference for Media, Industry on Unmanned Aircraft Flight in Public Airspace
NASA will host a teleconference for members of the media and aviation industry at 4 p.m. EDT on Thursday, June 28, to discuss the details and preliminary results of the agency’s first large-scale, rem …
- NASA Technologies Significantly Reduce Aircraft Noise
A series of NASA flight tests has successfully demonstrated technologies that achieve a significant reduction in the noise generated by aircraft and heard by communities near airports.
- NASA Flies Large Unmanned Aircraft in Public Airspace Without Chase Plane for First Time
NASA’s remotely-piloted Ikhana aircraft, based at the agency’s Armstrong Flight Research Center in Edwards, California, successfully flew its first mission in the National Airspace System without a sa …
- Media Invited to See Latest NASA Drone Traffic Management Technologies
NASA invites media to learn the latest about its national campaign to test and refine its Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Traffic Management (UTM) technologies at 10 a.m. PDT Wednesday, June 6, at the …
- NASA, Uber to Explore Safety, Efficiency of Future Urban Airspace
NASA has signed a second space act agreement with Uber Technologies, Inc., to further explore concepts and technologies related to urban air mobility (UAM) to ensure a safe and efficient system for fu …
- NASA to Announce Quiet Supersonic Research Flights in Galveston
NASA will hold a news conference at 9 a.m. CDT Tuesday, April 17, to unveil plans to conduct a series of supersonic technology research flights over the Galveston, Texas, area, in support of the agenc …
- NASA Awards Contract to Build Quieter Supersonic Aircraft
NASA has taken another step toward re-introducing supersonic flight with the award Tuesday of a contract for the design, building and testing of a supersonic aircraft that reduces a sonic boom to a ge …
- NASA to Host News Conference Announcing New Supersonic Test Aircraft
NASA will host a news conference at 11 a.m. EDT Tuesday, April 3, to announce the agency's plans for its next experimental aircraft, or X-plane, called the Low-Boom Flight Demonstrator (LBFD).
- NASA Awards Contract for Aircraft Operations Support
NASA has awarded the Aircraft Maintenance, Logistics, Integration, Configuration Management and Engineering (ALICE) contract to Yulista Tactical Services, LLC, in Huntsville, Alabama.
- NASA to Show Technologies at Experimental Aircraft Association’s AirVenture 2017
Visitors to the Experimental Aircraft Association’s 2017 AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin will see NASA’s latest technologies from across the agency.