- Germany's machine vision sector grows beyond €3BN
But 16% growth rate in 2021 expected to slow on macro uncertainty and work-through of stockpiled components.
- Laser crystallization process cuts wires and soldering in MEMS
Focus of new development project at Fraunhofers ILT (lasers), IST (thin films), and ISIT (silicon).
- G&H wins £4.1 million periscope contract for UK’s Challenger 3 Battle Tank…
…and Kopin announces $3 million first order for new AR-enabled weapon sight module.
- EPFL and CSEM open advanced manufacturing center in Switzerland
“M2C” intends to address micro-technological challenges faced by industry, including laser 3D printing.
- Observing catalytic reactions with 3 different microscopies simultaneously
TU Vienna and FHI Berlin say new information is obtained – that none of the methods alone could reveal.
- Optics11 Life expands US footprint with €5M funding boost
Amsterdam startup has developed fiber-optic instruments for use in drug development and regenerative medicine.
- MIT underwater camera offers images of previously unseen ocean
Low-power imaging system uses LEDs to minimize platform's size and complexity.
- First light at University of Michigan’s ‘Zeus’ laser
Zetawatt-Equivalent Ultrashort pulse laser System is most powerful in the US.
- ECOC 2022: imec, Ghent, and Nokia Bell Labs drive toward 100G networks
Group presents first 100 Gbit/s amplifier for flexible passive optical networks to meet ever-growing demands.
- Optical fiber sensor spots spinal curvature
University of Tabriz employs three-core fiber to measure magnitude and direction of curve.
- Precision Optics looks to finalize Nasdaq listing as sales rise
Micro-optics and imaging firm posts sharp increase in annual revenues, thanks largely to Lighthouse Imaging acquisition.
- Leuko raises $5M for optical white blood cell monitor
MIT spin-out is developing a microscope platform for label-free imaging of human blood cells as they flow through capillaries.
- European project to launch first quantum cryptography satellite in 2024
Pan-European effort supported by Horizon Europe and European Space Agency funding will deploy and operate ‘EAGLE-1’ system.
- Volvo set to unveil new lidar-equipped car
Global launch of EX90 model featuring Luminar lidar as standard scheduled for November 9.
- Brelyon secures $15 million for Ultra Reality immersive technology
Funds will accelerate development of headset-free display for enterprise and metaverse users.
- Planet Labs goes into the infrared with hyperspectral offering
New constellation will provide satellite imagery showing methane gas emissions and more.
- Lumentum and Coherent carve up VCSEL market
Analyst report shows duo have cornered 80% of the market, largely thanks to Apple’s iPhones.
- New onsemi CMOS sensor enhances high-end cinematography
Latest Arri digital camera continues relationship between semiconductor developer and camera manufacturer.
- Lockheed delivers 300kW laser to US military
Arms firm says that record-breaking laser weapon is ready to be integrated with US Department of Defense demonstrations.
- Ouster to cut workforce by 10%
SPAC-funded lidar firm reducing headcount by around 30 as part of wider ‘streamlining’ effort to preserve cash.