High School Senior needs help for Senior Project

Mechatronics, Robotics, Propulsion, Aircraft Structures, Crafts

Moderator: BenTheMan

High School Senior needs help for Senior Project

Postby bandgeek1 » November 3rd, 2008, 6:22 pm

I am a High School senior living in California and I have to do a senior project. I chose to do mine on Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and one of the problems I have faced is getting an interview. I'm hoping to find someone in at least the field of Aerospace (though an Engineer would be best) to interview. My teacher told me to try and get it done by Friday November 21st, so a speedy reply would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help and don't hesitate to reply via e-mail
bandgeek1

Re: High School Senior needs help for Senior Project

Postby Rickeyhendric » September 22nd, 2012, 8:34 am

I would say, it all depends, whether or not a large number of middle schools feed into the high school. I would say however, for schools with an large "feeding sink", the reward of creating middle school teams decreases. For instance, at our school, where students are accepted from a large area, including many strong middle school teams, less than half of our team did science Olympiad in middle school. Personally, I think it is because A) many events, especially in the physics area, are dumped down so much for middle scholars that it offers virtually no advantage against upperclassmen who have already taken many AP science classes, and B) in the case of bio and building events, event rotations occur much too frequently to really afford veteran freshmen and sophomores much advantage.

High School Diploma Online
Rickeyhendric

Return to Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering